Guidelines for Realtors
- Public open houses in Olde Cypress may be held on Saturday or Sunday between the hours of 12:00PM and 5:00PM
- Broker’s open house events may be held by listing Brokers Monday through Friday
- Realtors may gain access to Olde Cypress at any time by presenting a business card with photo and a driver’s license
- The public may gain access to open houses by indicating such interest to the guard on duty at the gate on Saturday or Sunday.
- At any other time, potential buyers must be accompanied by a realtor, owner or gain entrance into Olde Cypress by a telephonically authorized entry by a homeowner contacting the guard house
- For Sale signs must be free and clear of any artificial decorations.
Open House Signage
- All open house signs must be picked up from the guard house and returned to the guard house each day at the end of the open house.
- A refundable $20 deposit will be required when picking up open house sign from the guard house.
- No personally owned open house signs are allowed. No exceptions.
- No alteration of the open house signs are permitted, including the addition of street addresses, colored pieces of paper, or decorations of any kind.
- Only (1) sign for each direction of travel may be installed at intersecting streets.
- Additional open house directional signs at intersecting streets are forbidden.
- Only (1) open house sign may be displayed at each house.
- Balloons, Flowers, Bows and other artificial decorations are only allowed during actual open house hours on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Non-conforming signs will be removed
- A realtor, realtor representative or owner must be present at each home during an open house. Absent such representation, signage indicating an open house will be removed.
For Sale Signs
- Single posted wooden rectangular sign measuring 2’ wide by 1 ½ ‘ high with inverted radius corners and cream colored lettering proportionate to the size of the sign, to include the following information:
- Real estate agency
- Telephone number of real estate agency
- Posts to be 4” x 4” – 3’ above ground
- Lettering and finial in crème Color: Benjamin Moore Glow Essex Green or Sherwin William Green (#6194)
- A rider board 2’ wide by 3″ high with inverted radius corners, same green background as the main sign, and cream- or white-colored lettering may be used. It is to be located below the main sign, either hung or attached to the post. No other rider sign is permitted, particularly signs overlapping the main sign. The rider board can be used for the following information:
- Agent’s name
- Agent’s phone number
- Amenities included with the house
- “Sale Pending” or “Sold”
The Property Manager or other authorized representatives of the Olde Cypress Master Association Property Owners Association may remove any sign in violation of this policy.